Monday, 7 November 2011

My Personal Narrtive


When the Going Gets Tough, The Tough Get Going

            The sun was blazing hot, a ball of orange fire as it looked down upon me from the Aegean sky. I could see the heat bouncing off the pavement and feel it through the soles of my shoe. I was just about to get on to a breathtaking shiny white yacht. Stopping me from getting on to the yacht was a big fat flag of Greece stuck on the very right edge of the boat. I felt the anger suddenly flow right in me. As I stood there hearing the infinite noise of my sister laughing at me. Now all of a sudden she was very happy and vivacious because she had won a bet against me which was like a birthday for  her because she only wins a bet once a year. So today I guess it was her birthday!!. The bet between my sister and I was whether or not the yacht would have a giant flag of Greece on it or not? Now that I think about it I was quite dumb to think no because when a country has such a beautiful and suigeneris flag I really don't blame them for having their country flag everywhere.

            After a point of relaxing and just a non-stressful life, the pressure came in. I glared at my sister who was having fun with my dad as me and my mom focused on my consequences for losing the bet. I really did not want to jump in the ocean by myself. But with my dad or mom. The waves rushed to the shore and furiously  slammed against it. Sadly I was trying to stop staring at the rough waves but I could not which really did not help. Suddenly a hard slap zoomed at my hand and smacked it as I turned around I found my sister staring at me with an evil smile across her, which probably meant that I had to jump into the ocean.  " please don't let me go in the ocean by myself ,please” My fear was increasing like crazy, it was just like a balloon all my fear grew second after second until I could not hold the fear anymore and it just burst. " oh don't worry, you're not by yourself, the other passengers are going to be with you". Anya was dancing around doing the chicken dance, just to annoy me. She was doing an amazing job because now my anger was at its limits. I adjusted my life jacket and dove straight into the ocean. Laughter and the chicken dancing stopped my sister who stood there staring at me amazed. Freezing cold water splashed on my face as I felt the cold slimy rocks poke me as I swam around. All the fear in me disappeared as I jumped around with the smile as big as the world. Happiness waved good bye to fear as it rushed into me." Dude get out what are you doing" my sisters mouth was wide open as she was trying to mutter the words, but could hardly speak because she was so shocked." hey I did what I had to and I feel proud, loser".

Getting out of the ocean. I could see the cold blue shiny water wave good bye to me. Walking out of the yacht I waved good bye to the giant beauty ( that's the flag). After that day I knew I could do anything if I believed in myself.

No comments: